Medellin, the capital of department of Antioquia, is the second largest city in Columbia. The city is promoted internationally as a tourist destination and is considered a global city.
- Parque Arvi- It is a large nature reserve in the hills of Medellin and a great escape from the city. Head to the park for a bit of peace and observe the vast array of wildlife.
- Guatape- It is a real must visit for anybody spending time in Medellin. Visitors come to admire the town’s pretty colored houses and get mesmerized by the natural beauty of the area.
- Parque Lleras Nightlife- It is a great place to go out any night of the week. There is a great range of venues from small salsa bars to bigger mainstream clubs.
- The Charlee Hotel- The hotel located across Lleras Park boasts a rooftop swimming pool, gym and funky retro style décor.
- The In House Hotel- This excellent value hotel is stylish and offers big, bright rooms with natural light and are kept clean.
- Hotel Habana Vieja- This sweet little hotel is popular with business travelers and backpackers alike. The ambience will make you return here again and again.
- El Herbario- A trendy eatery offering well-executed, vegetable-based dishes.
- In Situ- It is famous for the city’s most aesthetically attractive eatery.
- El Cielo- Adventurous foodies will find a feast for all the senses at El Cielo.
- Arepa- A kind of bread made from cornmeal and served with butter or corn.
- Ajiaco- A popular soup in Columbia.
Medellin is served by Jose Maria Cordova International Airport. International non-stop flights as well as domestic flights are available. If opting for bus, Medellin has two bus terminals- North and South.